Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sorry for the delayed updating...

I just got back from a homestay in Tuam, and it's been a crazy week. I've been spending the past week getting accustomed to my life in Galway, and then this weekend was spent in a small city about 25 minutes outside of Galway.

The homestay was very enjoyable... I spent it with another girl from Arcadia and we were placed with a family who had 3 kids and a dog. They were all sweet and we spent the time sleeping, eating, watching tv and movies, and hanging out with the family. We walked around the city with other people from Arcadia, as well. Tuam was charming, but far smaller than Galway, and I'm very happy to be back here.

We're going out tonight to celebrate being back, but for now I'm going to relax and enjoy being back in my room here. My roommates seem to have moved in, but none of them are here now... hopefully I'll get to talk to them at some point tonight.

I definitely miss my friends and family, but I'm still having a great time here. I'm just waiting to meet those people that I instantly click with... I really hope it happens soon. Till then, I'll be enjoying the city and the life I have here at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Sounds as though things are moving along nicely. Here's hoping your roomies are interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you too yet thankfully i heard there was a lemur convention in edinburgh, you should come!

    ReplyDelete